Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh the pain! (and class)

My 8 year old pair of shoes died. I have new shoes. My new shoes do not like my feet. My feet do not like my new shoes. There is much pain.

Enough whining. I got to go to class! And we learnt... side control.

Warmups! Same old stuff, with additional running around the mats and sprawls. My calves disapprove today. I think I blame the shoes.

Immediately back to mount for drilling armbars, shoulderlocks and rear naked chokes. Did my best to do them on my weaker side more, and to actually think about it a bit. It worked much better tonight. Then I found myself laying on the mat slightly dazed and confused. Apparently the guys next to me didn't quite get the concept of 'drilling' and decided to get into a full on wrestling match, which ended up in one of them headbutting me. Ouch. Luckily I have a hard head.

Off to side side control, where we learn Shoulderlocks of various types (2 types) that I already know. More drilling is good. Managed to pick up a tip on the north/south Kimura thing on how to use the legs a little more effectively to hold your partner down and in place.

Finished with 4 x 1 minute rounds of side-control sparring. Pretty evenly matched with my partner, and neither of us managed to escape or even really threaten a submission, although I think I did almost manage to sneak through to guard near the end of the round both times.

My head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment